Supporting String Education
• The Foundation of the Advancement of String Education (FASE) is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that promotes the philosophy and pedagogy of Dr. George Bornoff, by providing financial support for the development of string education and teacher training.
• FASE seeks to become an internationally recognized organization for teacher training in the Bornoff Approach. We believe our teachers can transform the lives of students throughout the world.
• In all that we do, The Foundation for the Advancement of String Education values excellence, professionalism, diversity, and adheres to the highest ethical standards.
FASE also furthers the work of Dr. George Bornoff through workshops and consultations.
The Bornoff method…
- Utilizes Gestalt-based principles based on the mind’s innate disposition to perceive patterns from shapes, sizes, and objects in close proximity.
- Teaches strategies of the Bornoff Approach to help develop thinking musicians from the earliest ages and can be easily integrated into existing methods and materials, enabling teachers to more effectively diminish instruction time.
- Encourages creativity and flexibility for teachers and students alike.
Bornoff went on to establish, through accident, experiment and constant critical revision, that strings can be taught in classes and that the results can be as good as, or even better than, those achieved in traditional private lessons, but not with traditional techniques. He spent decades developing the necessary methods and materials and training teachers to use them. When he died in February 1998, aged 91, he left a revolutionary legacy to string educators. – John Raymond Howell (Bornoff pupil)